Autor Tema: Estimando población de una batalla principal  (Leído 406 veces)

Andûr

• Brigada PS2
  • Usuario
    • Ver Perfil
Estimando población de una batalla principal
« en: Agosto 29, 2014, 10:22:23 pm »
http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/2exm5c/this_wasnt_in_the_patch_notes/

El post de tdavis25 es muy interesante para ayudar a los líderes de pelotón a escoger batallas en donde 30+personas ayuden, pero no desbalanceen el enfrentamiento hasta hacerlo aburrido:

You can still estimate minimum size of the larger population based on the percentages. In the linked image there are at least 104 TR present. The math is pretty easy too:
([higher pop %]/[lower pop %])*[lower pop amount] 
Only works when both sides are maxed out.
If the lower pop isnt maxed out, you can do an estimation range. For example, if you have a 24-48 faction fighting a 48+ faction and its 25% to 75%, the larger faction can be estimated at 108 [(.75/.25)*((24+48)/2)] with a range of 72 [(.75/.25)*24] to 144 [(.75/.25)*48].
From here we can determine the force differential by using a little more math. The under-poped faction is down 108-((24+48)/2) troops...or 72 troops, with a possible range of 48 to 96.
Really important stuff to know when picking a fight as a PL. I know that my 3-squad platoon isnt going to even balance out the enemy overpop.
Same situation at 40% to 60% is different though because now the enemy is estimated at 54 troops with a range of 36* which we know is at least 48... to 72 and the differential becomes 18 with a range of 12* to 24.
Suddenly my 3-squad platoon is going to cause our faction to out-pop the enemy, but its still likely to be a good fight and not a zerg on our part.

TL;DR - There is math, and it makes you a better PL
* The clever reader will realize this means the lower population is more that 24. In fact it would have to be at least (.4/.6)*48 = 32, so the minimum shortage for that faction would be 16, not 12